Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freeze Ahead Meals!

No, I did not complete everything on my to do list (in fact, I only bought the bottle brushes and drying rack...) but I've added another "To Do" for this upcoming weekend. We are making some freeze ahead meals! For those of you who know Chris, he does not like eating any processed foods (I mean I guess I don't either, but let’s be honest, sometimes mac and cheese out of the box is easier!) One time I brought home a jar of pizza sauce and he looked at me like I had 10 heads. So needless to say, we are going to needs some easy go to freezer meals, or we may starve (well, Chris might, I've fine eating peanut butter and jelly and cereal...ok ok not healthy I know!).

So here are some of the ideas so far-not saying we are making all of these. Some are recipes we've made in the past, others are new ones, but I thought I'd share the ideas for some of the other mommies/mommies to be out there! And if you are one of my many followers on pintrest (haha) I've also made a new board with just freeze ahead meals on it, so be sure to check it out for more ideas in the future! My goal is to find recipes with not a lot of ingredients, or at the very least ones we commonly have on hand. Enjoy!

White Chicken Enchiladas -new recipe for us
http://joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/white-chicken-enchiladas.html

Turkey and Artichoke Stuff Shells -new one for us-likely just use the red sauce we always make. Or if your husband is not crazy, you can just use sauce from a jar...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-and-artichoke-stuffed-shells-with-arrabbiata-sauce-recipe/index.html

Pasta Fagioli -we've made this several times and LOVE it! Even better the second, third and fourth time around...ok it makes a lot! We use chickpeas instead of cranberry beans-easier to find and cheaper. Great vegetarian recipe!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/cranberry-bean-pasta-fagioli-recipe/index.html

The BEST chicken noodle soup ever! Make EXTRA meatballs and keep them frozen separately. We pull them out and eat them with pasta dishes all of the time. We usually will keep noodles out of the broth for this too, and then add them when we reheat. Sometimes we'll even put tortellini or gnocchi in the soup for a little something different. Seriously, this is so good and a great go to in the freezer)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tylers-ultimate/chicken-noodle-soup-recipe/index.html

Spinach Lasagna Rolls-so tasty and a great way to hide veggies for kids (or from me). You can freeze them in portions of 2 rolls and great to pull out for a lunch or dinner. You can leave the prosciutto out and it is a great vegetarian dish. We've also added shredded chicken in the past if it is something we have left over.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lasagna-rolls-recipe/index.html

Turkey Meatloaf. Five ingredients What could be better?? (oh and it is by far the BEST meatloaf I've ever had. I don't eat red meat though, so for you beef lovers, you may disagree).
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/twice-cooked-turkey-meatloaf-recipe/index.html

Do you have any other ideas?? Let me know!

And for those of you wondering, I'm still feeling pretty good! Getting huge, but I guess that is to be expected at this point. Emma Clare is getting really strong, and her movements (I don't really think she can kick anymore, she is running out of room..) are really strong! Only about 30 more days to go. I can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day!  Fun weekend (except for all the rain on Saturday!). Em had her choir concert, got manis/pedis with grandma and Em, ...