Monday, February 20, 2012

Big Green Egg!


Happy Birthday Chris! Chris turned the big 29 this Sunday. For his birthday, the whole family went in together for the Big Green Egg. If you've never heard of this, it is pretty much the coolest state of the art charcoal grilling system. Chris is a complete foodie, and loves cooking, so this was the perfect present for him! His mom came in town, and we tried our best to make it a surprise for him (he knew we were up to something) but I have to tell you I loved seeing his face turn bright red when we sang in the store in front of the big green egg. I think he was surprised! He spent his weekend setting everything up and cooking LOTS of meat on it (oh joy...I'm not a huge meat eater).

We had a great weekend hanging out with Chris' mom and spending time with friends. I must admit though, at 34 weeks pregnant (8 months people!) I was a little tiered each evening. Chris kept making fun of me because every time I would sit on the couch I would all asleep!

I had my 34 week appointment this morning, everything is still looking great! Emma Clare's heart rate is 150 and nice and steady. She is still measuring 1 week ahead. The best news of all-she is head down!! Hopefully she stays that way! Everything with me checked out good too! I'm not going to make my weight gain goal og 15-20 lbs (who were we kidding) but I should stay under 30, and was told that was just perfect (so why tell me 15-20 at the beginning!! hahha). I'm still feeling really good, just getting tired and ready for our little girl to get here already!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, Chris!! That grill is awesome! I love it even more because it is called the Big Green Egg!

    Glad to hear you and Emma Clare are doing swell. :) I can't believe you are 8 months already!!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Mother's Day!  Fun weekend (except for all the rain on Saturday!). Em had her choir concert, got manis/pedis with grandma and Em, ...