Friday, February 24, 2012

35 Weeks...so 35 Days to go?!!

WHAT? Only 35 days to go? I know, it sounds totally crazy, but we are nearing the end. Like all pregnant women at this stage, I'm "ready" for our baby to come. But, let's be honest, we are totally not ready. But who is? Right? We have everything we need at first, place for the baby to sleep, diapers, coffee for dad...yet my "to do" list and my "to buy" list seem to keep getting longer and longer. And I keep putting them off more and more.

Chris and I were sitting on the couch last night, and he looked and me and said "I really thing we should go get the rest of the baby stuff we need this weekend". WHAT? You want to go shopping for the baby? I don't think that there is any place that Chris (and I for that matter...) hate more than Babies R Us...Good thing I think we can get everything we still need at Target!

So this weekend we are off to buy a bottle drying rack, bottle brushes, blinds for the nursery (yes, this is a big thing we need...I don't know how Emma Clare will feel about all the sunlight she gets in her nursery), extra mattress pad, baby medicine...I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting!

And then there is the to do list-pack hospital bag, sterilize bottles, meet with pediatrician (ok, that one is bad, we should have already done that...but I DO have an appointment to...but I'll be 37 weeks pregnant...stay in there Emma Clare!), install diaper sprayer (have I told you we are crazy people and trying to use cloth diapers...) and again, I'm sure I'm forgetting things!

When it comes down to it, even if none of this stuff gets bought and nothing on the to do list gets done, we know that Emma Clare will come home to a happy and loving home and that is all that really matters! So, I'm not going to let it stress me out. That's right, I'm giving up stress for Lent! Cool, calm and easy...that's the motto!

Have a great weekend! Let me know if you want to tackle anything form our lists! I think we are just going to hang out outside and cook on our big green egg!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Chris Mullen goes shopping!? Oh, I'm just kidding. He and Derek are so alike in that way! I said when I was pregnant during Lent that I was giving up my body for the development of another human being! haha :) Stress is a good one. Don't worry too much about "buying" things. Ya'll will find that the baby shopping never stops... I still find myself buying stuff for Stella, haha. You're completely right: being in a loving home is all that matters!! You guys will be great parents, and I absolutely am so excited to meet her this Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Mother's Day!  Fun weekend (except for all the rain on Saturday!). Em had her choir concert, got manis/pedis with grandma and Em, ...