Monday, March 28, 2016

Baby Update

So, been at the hospital for a little over a week now. Let's start with the good news:

  1. Baby boy looks strong and healthy. During his biophysical profile today he scored an 8/8-which is amazing at this point. This means he had a perfect score in fetal breathing (which is super good at this point-this is usually the one that babies this early miss), fetal tone, baby movement and amniotic fluid. They will be repeating this test weekly, then every few weeks also measuring to see how big baby is (they measured last week-2lbs-so likely won't measure until either next week or the following). 
  2. We made it to 28 weeks! A baby born at 28 weeks has much better odds (although a long NICU stay) so this is a huge mile marker to be pass. I still will do everything I can to keep this baby in as long as possible, but happy to have gotten to this point as well. 
  3. My BP has been looking awesome. 6 days with no spikes, so the combination of meds is right on. 
So, now for the not so good news:
  1. I will not be going home until this baby is born. I really thought if BPs evened out and baby kept looking good I'd get to at least go home on bed rest. But unfortunately not. They worry that everything can look perfect one min and then go downhill very quickly. So I'm here. Trying my best to stay positive about that, but it was a pretty big blow. 
  2. I will be delivering this baby boy no later than 34 weeks. I was hoping that if things kept looking good I would be able to hold off until baby boy was full term, but the Dr. said there was NO WAY we would go past the 34 week mark. Being that I delivered Em at like 41 weeks, this is super scary to me, but I am trusting my doctors. 
So, there is the full baby and mommy update. Em and Chris are still doing well. It's so difficult to be away from them, but they are bonding and being super supportive! We had a fun Easter hiding Easter eggs in my hospital room-trying to make the best of it all!


Little man at 28 weeks. That is totally his foot up by his eye...
Hoppy Easter!
Sometimes you just have to fall asleep on Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep busy! Soccer games, Jordan's birthday party, fundraisers, build a bear, playgrounds. This time of year seems to be the busiest with...