Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Not What We Expected

Not what we expected, I guess is an understatement. So, Wednesday night I took my BP at home (I have been monitoring it since my last appointment-with no issues-since it read a little high) and got a reading of 160/100. Pretty scary. So I called the doctor, who had me rest for a bit, take it again and it did come down a bit. I was told just to come in to the office tomorrow. Well, I did and the BP shot up to 214/110-super scary. So they had me go right to the hospital...which is were I've been ever since. Seems like the high BP is pregnancy induced, and should clear up when I'm no longer pregnant. Issue is, I'm only 27 weeks pregnant, so that is a big problem. When I got to the hospital, I was given magnesium and steroid shots to help the baby develop quicker (both physically awful and emotionally draining). And am on bed rest in the hospital until further notice. The good news is, it seems like we got the right dose of meds going (for now) and my BPs have all been manageable and the baby looks strong and is growing well. At this point we have set up 2 week goals (first get to 28, then 30, 32 and then 34) as the baby get so much stronger each week. Sounds like 34 is the longest they will want to let me go, but we'll wait and see. The idea of having a baby so soon is super scary, but we are praying a lot and have a great team of doctors. I think what is most difficult is Em as so such a normal pregnancy as was this up until now, so just taking some time to process! But we love this baby so much already, and will do whatever it takes.

Em and Chris are being troopers for sure! I'm so proud of both of them (and miss them terribly each night!). But we will get through. Thanks for thoughts and prayers!

Em and the Easter Bunny (why are Easter Bunnies so creepy?)
Easter Egg hunt with Nana
Cutie
Oh that look!
Our little man!

Just snuggling
And one more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep busy! Soccer games, Jordan's birthday party, fundraisers, build a bear, playgrounds. This time of year seems to be the busiest with...