Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can I Have Some More?


So it is safe to say that Emma Clare has figured out how to eat (not that we had any doubts). She is loving rice cereal, and I'm thinking about starting some other foods. She downs the rice cereal in no time flat, and as you can see has a habit of stealing the spoon from me. We feed her in just her diaper (look at her cute cloth pink diaper, have I mentioned that I LOVE bumgunius?) because she gets a little messy. Daddy can't really handle messes, so it is fun to watch him squirm through the process!

In other news, Emma Clare did NOT do well crying it out. We tried not swaddling her the last few nights and letting her cry it out. -just flat out did not work. She cried for the full half hour (I did go in and check on her every 10mins, and try to give her paci to no avail), and finally I looked at Chris and said, I just can't do this. After 35mins of rocking her I finally got her to calm down. This just is not going to work for us. EC very rarely cries, so why make her suffer like this? I know, I know my kid is going to be totally spoiled, but I don't care. She can feed herself already, isn't that independent enough! She also got up at 11, 1, midnight and 3-5am (keep in mind she has been sleeping through the night for months now). We went back to swaddling. Last night, Emma Clare slept from 9pm until 7:30am when I had to wake her up to take her to daycare. So for now we are not going to fix what isn't broken. She may be going to college still swaddled...

Just look at that girl. Doesn't she make you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep busy! Soccer games, Jordan's birthday party, fundraisers, build a bear, playgrounds. This time of year seems to be the busiest with...